High purity magnesium enhances performance per unit of weight in building and construction products
- Hydrated magnesium carbonate and magnesium oxide can be utilised to manufacture innovative building boards with advanced properties, including
- Flame resisting wall boards and cladding
- Low density boards, significantly lighter in weight offering engineering advantages
- Boards with favourable acoustic properties
- Insulating building boards and tiles.
- Hard burned magnesia flame proofing and functional filler including foam admixtures in insulation.
- Magnesium oxide in building sealants, paints, coatings and adhesives, acts as a curing agent and substantially increases albedo, offering a highly reflective surface and commensurate building energy savings in hot environments.
- Caustic calcined magnesia and magnesium chloride as major ingredients in Sorel Cements for industrial flooring.
- Hard burned magnesia in fast setting properties in road patching cements.